Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Little Lady's Adjustable Apron

My little miss loves to 'help' me in the kitchen. Washing the dishes usually involves pouring water from one cup or bowl into the next but she usually winds up absolutely soaked. Cooking means baking peanut butter biscuits or crumbing chicken and it's incredible how much flour she can embed into her clothes. Solution - an apron that will repel water and food. There are loads of patterns available but I wanted one longer and wider, particularly across the chest. Frankly I just can't leave alone when it comes to following someone elses pattern. I also wanted an apron that would grow with her so I drafted my own pattern of one that completely covers her chest and wraps around her sides with loops at the waist and very long shoulder straps to create an adjustable apron.
I used a cotton print layered under thin PCV with some double fold binding made from the same print material to hold it together and finish the edges.




I added a pocket this morning which helps hold the layers together. It looks huge on her but she's defnately covered. And she loves it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...