So to recap - I've got all the bits and pieces ready and have started sewing them in place.
The flower stems were ironed on with the HEATnBOND and then I hand sewed all the petals on using a ladder stitch (loveloveLOVE this stitch).
For embelishment, and coz I wanted a bit of texture, I then took some emdroidery floss and using a back stitch variation I added in the veins on the leaves and also a border around the stems and each leaf with a stem stitch.
For more detail on the leaf stitching see the pics below
Next the petals went on...
...stem stitch around each petal to give it definition and then the flower centres were sewn on - lots of pins, I like to know exactly where pieces will wind up...
...and stem stitch around the centres too.
I am so stoked with how this came out - love the vibrant colors and the soft puffiness of the petals. Bubs is going to love it too!