Friday, February 11, 2011

Dresses For Two Little Princesses

While still busy with finishing the Freckled Whimsy quilt (which I'm now going to make 2 more of for my  two sisters' new bubs) and also a keyhole quilt front to send to Corrie at Retro Mummy for the Quilts for Queensland effort she's putting together (more on this in a later post), I've managed to find some time to make some more dresses.

Last time Spotlight had a pattern sale I got this
and have since made dress A in some pretty fabric that I picked up at a clearance sale at Spotlight not long after getting the pattern. Its a simple pattern which sewed up very easily and I can see would lend itself to modification will little trouble. I actually changed the way the shoulder straps fixed to the back of the bodice,
wanting to add a hidden button closure instead to make it easier to get the dress on and off.
And this is my first buttonhole!! So pleased with myself. Like many other sewing techniques it's a lot more scary as an unknown but so easy once you actually try it.
(dontcha hate it when you discover a smudge on your camera lense AFTER taking all your photos)
and Back 
and modeled.

I've also made a replica of the little pink dress in a smaller size for a friends daughter
which I decorated with some small roses across the bottom of the bodice.
Fingers crossed it fits as neither dress came from a formal pattern and I guessed little Nicola's measurements, making small adjustments to the pattern to fix the things that I would like to change about Little Lady's dress if I were to make it again.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...